With summer officially under way, I am seeing that time is a hard thing to come by! I have a VERY part time job, but am mostly a stay at home mama. I now have all the same "stuff" to get done (laundry, cleaning, grocery shipping, yard work, etc) AND 3 kiddos at home. Throw in there that my hubby is changing jobs and will be working from home until mid-July and we are a FULL house. To say we are busy is an understatement. I like having a pretty full calendar, but summer for me gets overwhelming very quickly. Now that all 3 boys are active and moving, I have underestimated the amount of time I need for our daily life.
So I find myself wondering when am I supposed to get in my workout, my SD (self development) reading, quiet time, a shower and going to the bathroom alone (TMI)! It has become easy to justify pushing off workouts, food prep and "me" time. I am already seeing all my hard work start to disappear - which is REALLY frustrating. Not to mention that when I do get in a workout it is harder since it feels like I have taken a few steps back.
Don't even get me started on food...with BBQ's and being lazy or busy, we have gone to convenience. YIKES! Admittedly it is still healthier than we ate in the past, but it is not a meal plan I would want to share with anyone as "what to eat". Then there are those tasty summer beverages that help take the edge off and sound so yummy on a warm evening (or afternoon, lets get real). Water...what is that? Oh right, that stuff that hydrates me. I should focus on that too...
Okay...so I took the first step and have realized I need to make time for working out and meal planning. And drink water (so not as fun as vodka). Now how do I make that happen? Well, I started taking things off of our calendar. The house is a little messier. The laundry is "pretty" caught up. I read for 10 or 15 minutes before going to bed (even if it is 11pm). I am making it work. I need to focus on my health and fitness and I refuse to give up on that.
I'm sure we all have a tough time adjusting to summer (please tell me it isn't just me?!) and I know I love hearing how other people get it all done. If you have ideas or things that are working for you, please share! I'm open to (just about) anything :)
No comments:
Post a Comment