Thursday, July 23, 2015

Food choices...

Okay, I know it has been a while since I last posted, but summer is INSANE! I swear, I never have one moment to myself or "downtime". I have got to stop over committing us...but that is another post :)

So, food choice. Yikes. When we started 21 day fix we decided to really do it (the whole damn thing!) for the first 21 days. We were making these incredible and VERY healthy meals and it was awesome. We were feeling so great and loved how well the new eating habits were taking shape. So then we went to Hawaii. To be honest, we still ate really clean, but alcohol was consumed and that sort of threw us off track.

Ever since then, we have been on and off the clean eating diet. When we are on, it is amazing. But to be honest, the prep and grocery bill deter me some weeks. I know I should focus on how the food makes us feel, how healthy it is and how much better it is in the long run. It's just hard to do that sometimes. It just seems like a lot of work, a lot of prep and expensive.

However, we have decided to try and recommit. We are on week 2 of eating (pretty) clean and it is going well. I realized I don't need fancy recipes for each meal, I can keep most of them simple. A protein, veggie and fruit for dessert works great for us. I also find that if I prep on Sunday - shop and cook - it goes a lot smoother for the week.

We recently purchased the new cookbook from Autumn Calabrese, Fixate. It is actually really great and has a lot of easy recipes (even I can make them!) that are tasty. I have just decided that some of her more detailed ones will be for a special night or dinner. Keeps cost and prep down, and makes it more of a treat.

I also have a LOT of great recipes on my Pinterest that are clean or 21 DF approved. We have made most of them once or twice and we end up liking a lot of them. If you are interested you can follow my pinterest "Dinner Ideas" and see them for yourself.

What are some of your clean eating recipes? I love trying new things, but also love easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment